Monday, January 7, 2013

A Beautiful Mind

A Fine Movie

The following dialogue in this movie made me realize that a schizophrenic person has the same challenge that a normal person has, although in a much more intense manner.

Martin is asking John Nash (Russell Crowe) if the hallucinations are gone. 
John says:
     "No, they are not gone, and maybe they never will be. But I've gotten used to ignoring them, and I think as a result they've given up on me. You think that is what is like with all our dreams and our nightmares, Martin? You've got to keep feeding them for them to stay alive?"
Martin asks:
     "They haunt you though?"
John says:
     "They are my past, Martin. Everybody's haunted by their past."
Later on during the film John says that what he does is like a "diet" for the mind.

The fact is that we all have to put our mind on a "diet." It is the only way to go through the eye of the dragon:  The Eye of the Dragon: Stalking Castaneda

No comments:

Post a Comment